“Extensive literature demonstrates that cancer patients experience vitamin C deficiency correlated with reduced oral intake, inflammation, infection, disease processes, and treatments such as radiation, chemotherapy, and surgery.” IV Nutritional Infusions can help speed recovery by providing Pre and Post Immune Support and hydration. By giving B-Vitamin energy, C-Vitamin Immune Support and essential nutrients, the body gets some much needed help as it works to heal.
- Low-dose IV C can be given before a chemotherapy treatment, no less than an hour before the treatment.
- With the Oncologist’s approval, IV Nutritional Infusions can be given after chemotherapy – specifically, 12–72 hours after.
- Indwelling venous access system or port can be used in special circumstances.
- No IV C Infusion within 12–24 hours before positron-emission tomography (PET Scan)
- During chemotherapy and for 1–4 months after, IV Nutritional Infusion can be given 1–3 times weekly.