“Extensive literature demonstrates that cancer patients experience vitamin C deficiency correlated with reduced oral intake, inflammation, infection, disease processes, and treatments such as radiation, chemotherapy, and surgery.” IV Nutritional Infusions can help speed recovery by providing Pre and Post Immune Support and hydration. High-dose IV C can be given before chemotherapy treatment, no less than one day before the treatment. The pro-oxidant effects of high dose vitamin C supports ongoing efforts with chemotherapy, radiation, etc. Adequate kidney function is necessary to receive this infusion, since that it how it is cleared from the body. G6PD testing is required.
- With your Oncologist’s approval, IV Nutritional Infusions can be given before/after chemotherapy – (specifically, 12–72 hours after).
- Indwelling venous access system or port can be used in special circumstances.
- No IV C Infusion within 12–24 hours before positron-emission tomography (PET Scan)
- During chemotherapy and for up to 6 months after, High Dose Vitamin C can be given 1–3 times weekly for a max of 100 grams/week (average is twice/weekly).
- Target dosing using a blood glucose monitor can help determine the proper dosing for treatment.
- If you are unable to travel to us, we can, in most circumstances, arrange to come to your home.